In a previous post, I mentioned that I'd failed my one-hour glucose test and had to take the ever-so-popular three-hour version. Prior to the test, my doctor put me on a special "diet" that upped my carb intake by 175-200g each of the four days I was on it. This diet of 4-6 slices of bread, 2 c of cooked pasta and other items like these were in ADDITION to what I would typically eat. Needless to say, the typical food took a back seat so that I could get all of this other stuff in each day.
I passed the test with flying colors, with numbers so normal the nurse questioned how I'd failed the first one. My thoughts exactly.
At our doctor visit the next day, just about 3 weeks since our last trip, they noticed what they termed as a "significant weight gain" of 7 pounds. Really ..... is that what four straight days of carbs can do for you?? Granted some of it was baby weight, I was annoyed that they seemed surprised that I'd bulked up after they'd put me on my special diet. And I've definitely noticed that I've gotten thicker since that point in time.
Other than almost doubling my weight gain in a span of about 3 weeks, all looks good. Baby D's heart rate is about 140, and she appears to be doing just fine.
She's also started to make her appearance over the last week and a half. With t
he exception of one pair of khaki pants and a few tops (like the one in the photo), I officially made the transition into maternity wear last week. It still baffles me how excited some of the people I work with get when I come in each morning to see if I have new clothes. But then agin they're also the ones who can't wait to touch my belly ... can't wait for that part of this whole thing.
These 29 week pics were taken last night at about 12:30, so my apologies for not looking fabulous.

3 comments:
You look great Heather! Thanks for the pics!
You look great! Hopefully I'll see you this weekend at Milstead's shower!?
Of course....you look awesome:) Way better than I did at that point!
Post a Comment